Monday, January 25, 2016

REVIEW: Everything Leads to You By Nina LaCour

REVIEW: Everything Leads to You By Nina LaCour

Series: (Stand Alone)
Published By: Dutton Books for Young Readers
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Mystery, and LGBT
Format: E-book
Pages: 272 pages
SYNOPSIS (from Goodreads)
A love letter to the craft and romance of film and fate in front of—and behind—the camera from the award-winning author of Hold Still.

A wunderkind young set designer, Emi has already started to find her way in the competitive Hollywood film world.

Emi is a film buff and a true romantic, but her real-life relationships are a mess. She has desperately gone back to the same girl too many times to mention. But then a mysterious letter from a silver screen legend leads Emi to Ava. Ava is unlike anyone Emi has ever met. She has a tumultuous, not-so-glamorous past, and lives an unconventional life. She’s enigmatic…. She’s beautiful. And she is about to expand Emi’s understanding of family, acceptance, and true romance.

                                   This review is going to be pretty short, so sorry in advance!!!
         This was a really nice read! I LOVE contemporary! After finishing a contemporary, I always feel happy. They are always so refreshing!

         This book was pretty short, and it kind of left me wanting more. I wanted more of just pretty much everything. I wanted more of what happened after, more Ava and Emi, possibly more Charlotte and Toby, more of the background setting up stuff, more Tamal, etc. In the beginning I was a little bored of all the movie set up talk but, soon it grew on me. I was really intrigued by it, and now I want to know a little more about it. ;) The next time I watch a TV Show or movie, I will probably find myself paying more attention to the background, setting, and how things are arranged.

         The book was, however,  kind of predictable. Which I, honestly, in most cases I hate. In this book, I didn't really mind. As I said it was a nice, short read and overall I'm really happy about this book. ;)

What are your thoughts on this book? What were your feelings toward all of the movie background talk? Do you also wish that there was a little bit more about what happened?

RATING: 3 STARS

This book also was part of my 2016 Contemporary Challenge!
 2 down, 13 more to go!

Thanks for reading!!! ;)

If you would like to see more of my reviews in the future, make sure to follow on Bloglovin!!!

Follow


No comments:

Post a Comment