Friday, March 11, 2016

Bookish Crafts Fridays! {The Hobbit Door Rune Decor}

Bookish Crafts Fridays! {The Hobbit Door Rune Decor}

Hello, everyone!!! It's Friday therefore, that means its time for another Bookish Craft Friday. Last week I finally read The Hobbit By J.R.R. Tolkien! I absolutely have fallen in love with the whole middle earth world! CLICK HERE TO SEE MY REVIEW! So, obviously this week should be dedicated to The Hobbit! I got to thinking and was like wonder if I made the Rune that Gandalf puts onto Bilbo's door to call for all the dwarfs. Here is what is what I am talking about!
Here is the final product!

Now let's get into the details on how I made it!

MATERIALS
~Foam Board that is sticky on the opposite side(you don't have to use this, use what you desire)
~Black Paint
~ Scissors
~Computer
~White paper
~ Writing Utensil

STEP 1 and 2

STEP 1: First I needed a stencil to use so, I looked up a picture of the rune. I searched this, "The rune on the door in the hobbit."
STEP 2: Next, I took out my piece of my paper and traced it out with my writing utensil!

STEP 3
STEP 3: This is what it looked like after I traced it. Then I proceed to take out my scissors and cut it out!

STEP 4 & 5

STEP 4: I then proceeded to tape on the stencil I just cut out onto my foam board (if you do this you can use any material that you wish to use).
STEP 5: I then traced it out and removed the stencil.

STEPS 6 & 7

STEP 6: Since the only foam board color I had was brown, I decided to paint it black.
STEP 7: Once it dried, I then cut it out!

STEP 8

STEP 8: Put it on the door!
DONE!

Share with me your creations! All my social media is near the top right hand side! Any questions? Ask me in the comments!! Any suggestions on what I should make next?

Thanks for reading!

If you would like to see more Bookish Crafts from me in the future, you can follow me either Bloglovin or email.


P.S. Once I get 150 followers on Bloglovin, I will post an awesome giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment