Friday, April 22, 2016

Bookish Craft of the Month {HARRY POTTER 9 3/4 HOGWARTS EXPRESS SIGN}

Bookish Craft of the Month {HARRY POTTER 9 3/4 HOGWARTS EXPRESS SIGN}

Hello, everybody!!! There has been a little change on Bookish Crafts. I had originally planned to do this every Friday (Bookish Crafts Fridays). But, it was getting to difficult to put a new craft up every week especially since I had school and other things to do. So I decided to switch it to a monthly thing I do! Hope you enjoy!

I decided for the month of April to do the Harry Potter 9 3/4 Hogwarts Express Sign. Around a month ago, I finally finished the last couple books in the series and I freaking loved it! I already want to reread the series and dive back into the wizarding world.
Here are the Materials that I used:
~ Gold Glitter
~ 1 White Canvas
~Paint Brushes
~Pencil
~Bowl
~Black, White, and Yellow Paint

STEP 1: Take out your canvas and your bowl. Place the bowl in the middle of your canvas to make a perfect circle!

STEP 2: There is multiple ways you can do this but I decided to just draw them myself on the canvas. You can use stencils, etc. I drew the outline of the 9 3/4's part.

STEP 3: Next, I went ahead and painted the insides of the 9 3/4 with black paint.
STEP 4: Totally optional. I'm not the best painter and I went over the lines a bit so, I cleaned up the edges with white paint.

STEP 5: This can also be optional. I then wrote out the letters, "Hogwarts Express" near the bottom. You can use stencils.

STEP 6: When I was sending these photos to my laptop, I somehow managed to not send all of them. By the time I figured out that I didn't have all of them, I had already deleted them from my phone. *face palm* But this is when I painted in the letters with yellow paint.

STEP 7: I didn't have red paint, so I used black instead. Paint the what is left of the background.
STEP 8: Totally optional also! I wanted to make it seem more magical so I put gold glitter all over it.  The pictures I took don't show it well, but in person it's pretty freaking awesome... just saying. ;D

DONE!!!
Here are the final results!
 

That's it for this Bookish Craft of the Month, If you have any questions tell me down in the comments below! Any suggestions on what I should make next? Anything Harry Potter related craft you want me to try next? Please tell me down in the comments!!

Thanks for reading!

If you would like to see more Bookish Crafts from me in the future, you can follow me either Bloglovin or email.

P.S. Once I get 150 followers on Bloglovin, I will post an awesome giveaway!!




No comments:

Post a Comment