Friday, February 19, 2016

Bookish Crafts Fridays! {Tassel Bookmarks}

Bookish Crafts Fridays {Tassel Bookmarks}

Hello, everybody! Welcome to Bookish Crafts Fridays! This is a weekly post that I created! Every Friday I will post a step by step tutorial on some kind of  easy craft that is book related! This week I decided to show you all how to make a Tassel Bookmark. I LOVE books marks that have a little bit extra flair to them! I like it when books marks have the ribbon or tassel tied to the end of them. Let's jump right in!

MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
~Scissors
~Cardboard Burlap (or any type of Burlap)
~String
~Hot Glue Gun (optional)
~ A piece of decorative paper (optional)

STEPS 1 and 2






STEP 1: First pick out the color string you will be using. I recommend that you get some string that looks similar to this, that have the paper cuffs around them. You don't necessarily have to but, it will definitely be much easier!!
STEP 2: Take off the paper cuffs and separate it like it looks like in the picture. Pull the strings from the middle.

Steps 3 and 4


 Step 3: Get out your scissors! Take the string and cut only 1 side!!  
Step 4: Your string should now look like this. Take a string out of your pile of strings.

STEPS 5 and 6
Step 5: Take the string that you just took out and place it under your pile of the string. It should be in a "t" shape and try to get it closest to the middle of the pile of string as you can.
Step 6: Now tie that string around the middle!

Step 7 and 8
Step 7: Make sure the string you tied around the pile of string does not get put in or lost in the pile of string! Combine the piles of string together (not the two separate). Fix all the strings to were there is no tangles. It should look similar to the first picture.
Step 8: Now take a string from the pile. You are going to use this string to hold everything together.
Step 9 and 10

Step 9: Take that string and wrap it around the pile of string. When you get close to the end of your string, on the last wrap around, wrap it loosely so you can tie the end of the string on it. It will look like the second picture.
Step 10: Take out your scissors out again! Cut the excess string off. Cut it any length you desire. You can even leave it like it is if you wish.
Step 11 and 12


Step 11: It should now look similar to this. You can stop here and tie it around a burlap or you can decorate your burlap!
Step 12: Like I said, totally optional! Take out your glue gun and the piece of paper that you wish to glue onto your burlap. Cut the piece of paper so it fits onto your burlap. Once you have the piece of paper, place glue onto the paper (I put dots of glue on each corner, but you can do all around).

Step 13


Step 13: Place the paper on the burlap! It should now look like this.

Step 14

Step 14: Tie the tassel you just made onto the burlap and your done! Great job!!!


I also did different sizes of tassel. You can add more string if you would like it bigger or you can to take away string to make it smaller.

Thanks so much for reading!

Show me your creations! Tag me on twitter, post in in the comments, etc! You can find my social media buttons on the top right corner. Any suggestions on what I should make next? Tell me in the comments! Any questions? Ask me in the comments also!

If you would like to see more Bookish Crafts from me in the future, you can follow me either Bloglovin or email.

P.S. Once I get 150 followers on Bloglovin, I will post an awesome giveaway!!

2 comments: