Saturday, February 13, 2016

REVIEW: Passenger By Alexandra Bracken

REVIEW: Passenger By Alexandra Bracken

Series: Passenger Series
Published By: Disney-Hyperion
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Time Travel
Format: Hardcover
Pages:  486 pages
RATING: 3.5 Stars
Synopsis (from Goodreads
passage, n.
i. A brief section of music composed of a series of notes and flourishes.
ii. A journey by water; a voyage.
iii. The transition from one place to another, across space and time.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrust into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles but years from home. And she’s inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she’s never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from the Ironwoods—a powerful family in the colonies—and the servitude he’s known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can’t escape and the family that won’t let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, Nicholas’ passenger, can find. In order to protect her, he must ensure she brings it back to them— whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods’ grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are play­ing, treacherous forces threaten to sep­arate Etta not only from Nicholas but from her path home . . . forever

         This book was extremely different than what I was expecting. Before reading, I actually had really high expectations of this book. I have heard that this book was thrilling, phenomenal, etc. I also thought that I was going  to love this because, hello, time traveling!!! When I finally finished, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. It had all the aspects of the writing that I dearly love from Alexandra Bracken, but still I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, that ending was epic and it definitely makes me anticipate the next book, but the disappointment is still there. I wish that there was more of a lot of things that happened. More time traveling, spending more time in the times that they traveled to, more Nicholas and Etta, more time with young Alice, and so much more! The thing that I wish the book had more time of is the time they spent of the ship. I freaking loved the time they spent on the ship and it was so short! It only left me wanting more. I feel like if there were more time on the ship, I would of possibly enjoyed the book much more. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE little Jack, and I wish I got to see him more. Let's hope that there is possibly more of that in the next book! *crosses fingers* There is definitely going to at least be more time traveling in the next book!!! YAYY!

        Even though I was disappointed, the book was still pretty good. I was just disappointed with how somethings played out. I'm sure Alexandra will bring back all of those things in the next book. I gave this book 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.

         If you read this book, what did you think? Love to hear your thoughts on the book!

         Haven't read this book? What are you looking forward to in this book?

Thanks for reading!
If you would like to see more of my reviews in the future, you can follow on either via email or Bloglovin!;D


No comments:

Post a Comment