Friday, February 26, 2016

Bookish Crafts Fridays {TBR Jar}

Bookish Crafts Fridays {TBR Jar}
Hello, everybody! Welcome to Bookish Crafts Fridays! This is a weekly post that I created! Every Friday I will post a step by step tutorial on some kind of  easy craft that is book related! This week I decided to show you all how to make a TBR JAR! I know that pretty much everybody knows how to make a TBR Jar but, I have been wanting to make one for a while now, and thought you would like to see how I made mine! I went for a simple but cute look. :D

MATERIALS I USED:
~Jar
~Different Colored Paper
~White Nail Polish
~Paint
~Glue Gun
~Scissors
~Pen and white color pencil
~Black Alphabet Stickers
~Color Coding Labels (circles)
~Self Adhesive Hole Reinforcements

STEPS 1 & 2
STEP 1: Firs I picked the font stickers that I wanted to put on my jar. I wrote out "TBR Jar" on the front with them
STEP 2: Since the jar I chosen to use once war a peach jar (it has the peach label on the lid), I decided to take a polka-dot paper, cut in the shape of the lid, and hot glue it on top of it.

STEPS 3 & 4
STEP 3: Cut it out and hot glue it on. This is what mines looks like at the moment.
STEP 4: Next I want to put polka dots on the exterior of the jar. It is pretty much impossible for me to make a ton of perfect circles by myself so, I used Self Adhesive Hole Reinforcements.

STEPS 5 & 6
STEP 5: I placed them in the pattern that I wanted on the jar.
STEP 6: I used white nail polish instead of paint. The first trial I did with this failed miserably when I did it with paint. However, when I did it with the paint, it worked so much better! Make sure it is dry before you peel off and I recommend two coats!

STEPS 7
STEP 7: This is what it looks like now. Now this is where I get out my pieces of paper, writing utensils, and scissors. Cut of the pieces of paper in little rectangles.

STEPS 8
 STEP 8: This is where I get my list of some of my books in my TBR and write them down on pieces of paper.

STEP 9 & 10

STEP 9: I folded the papers in half and to hold them together, I used circle labels.
STEP 10: Throw them in!!

That's it!!!


Thanks so much for reading!
Hope you enjoyed this Bookish Craft Friday!

If you would like to see more Bookish Crafts in the future from me, please follow either email or Bloglovin!
Once I reach 200 followers on Bloglovin, I will be posting an awesome giveaway (a book, and some goodies)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment